And you are supposed to tell the kids, "Hmmm, I wonder what this says? What is the author saying?"
My repeat pattern was " I see ____________ at school." But the last page said "There are many things at school." You should have seen the look on their faces when I said I knew the author and that they did too, lol.
And now for the Versatile Blogger Award!
The lovely Lisa over at A Teacher's Bag of Tricks gave me this super duper cool award...thanks Lisa! And sweet Sharon from Ms. McBee's Kinder Bugs :)
The rules of this award:1. Thank the person who nominated you with a link back to them. (done!)
2. Tell 7 things about yourself (see below)
3. Pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received an award!
7 Things About Me
1. I am an only child.
2. I am half German.
3. My favorite food is..um.. anything German or pasta or meat (because chocolate isn't a food group yet right? )
4. I traveled through 7 states in 28 days camping in a trailer one summer with my parents (and for those of you wondering, it was Oregon, California, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Washington.
5. My favorite TV shows are Glee, Toddlers and Tiaras (don't hate me! It fascinates me!), New Girl, Terra Nova, and Grimm.
6. I sub for only two districts.
7. My favorite color is blue.
Ok and now I'm supposed to award 15 newly discovered blogs...hmmm I don't think I can get 15, but I'll try to get some!
Ok brain is fried and either they are not newly discovered or they are 'taken' by someone else. It didn't say it had to be teaching related and since I know a lot of you are talking about eating and being healthy, I'll share mine with you!!! Sounds like a good compromise right?
Skinny Taste: She has yummy low fat recipes and also gives you the stats and pics. I make a ton of her recipes and I'd like to credit her with helping me lose some of these 27 pounds (yeah now it's 27 as of last night!)
emilybites: You can sign up for daily e-mails (I do!) and connect on Facebook and Twitter. She makes it first and then posts pics and the recipe and health stats! Love her!!!
Skinny Kitchen: It may seem like it's catered to Weight Watchers, but if you are trying to be healthy, then these would work.
Skinny Mom's Kitchen; A mom with a busy schedule and trying to cook healthy :)
And she might not have a blog, but she has a website, FB, daily e-mail, and cookbooks, and oh yeah, a tv show, and has to be my all time fave (plus I met her in person and talked about her in another post) is Hungry Girl.
Hope this helps :)