Yep, my AC is broken. Which led me to asking some friends what to do to stay cool in this warm weather? And they came up with some great ideas!
1) Use a fan. Thank goodness I have my fan still from college. LIFE SAVER!
2) Go swimming or have a sprinkler. If you have a local pool, that's where I'd head. Or a lake. Maybe I can borrow my neighbor's kiddie pool? Or maybe I'll pull out my mister.
3) Wet a washcloth. Did that last night. Soaked a washcloth in cool water and squeezed the water out and put it on my neck. I have some neck cooler thing somewhere but couldn't find it.
4) Pjs/sheets/pillowcase in the freezer. I think I may have to start with pillowcases in the freezer.
5) Go shopping (or any other place with AC). You bet I'm going shopping. And maybe the library.
6) Drink lots of cold water. It keeps you cool, plus this is good for you!
7) Cool bath/shower. This is a quick fix!
8) Have your windows open at night and close your blinds during the day. Don't worry, I also have a stick in my window, so people can't nab me ;)
9) Popsicles! Oh yes, I've been having cool treats all day. Iced coffee too!
10) There are some interesting tips out there (none of these were by my followers). I see where they are coming from, but they are still interesting...
- lay low to the ground
-put ice water and salt in front of a fan
- think cool
-eat spicy food
-don't move, just sit in one spot.
Do you have any 'cool' tips?