Graphics: The 3 AM Teacher and KPM Doodles
Here are 5 tips for being ready for school:
1) Have your teacher bag ready to go. Mine is stocked up on stickers and loaded with my favorite go-to emergency activities. I've got some new read-alouds tucked in and my container with fill-in the time activities. Regular teachers will have their laptops and grading stuff. I even have my little pencil bag with essentials like band-aid, lip balm, etc.
2) Get my lunch bag ready the night before. That way I don't have to rush the next morning. If you don't bring your lunch, maybe you get your breakfast ready for the morning like your bowl and spoon and packet of oatmeal ready.
3) Start going to bed earlier. The alarm buzzing (or in my case, singing) in the morning will come all to early. Going to bed earlier insures I have enough sleep. And us teachers need our beauty sleep!
4) Lay out clothes the night before. I did this last year and it saved my hiney in the morning from scrambling through my closet. I saw on another blog where she has her clothes on the hanger, with jewelry attached. That's organized!
5) Put a smile on your face! Start the day off optimistic and your day will be better. Students smile when you smile and it can instantly change the mood :)
Whether it's the night before school starts, a few weeks before, or during the school week, it's helpful to be prepared.What are your tips for being ready for school?