I absolutely love Food Network and love watching Cupcake Wars, Hungry Girl, Iron Chef, Chopped, and I like the Celebrity Cooking show with Rachael Ray and Guy.
So I know a lot of you are trying to eat healthier and as I've recently shared, I'm doing Weight Watchers and have been eating wayyyy healthier.
My favorite sites are skinnytaste, emily bites, and Hungry Girl and they have all saved me from missing comfort foods and dessert.
New favorite recipe for chicken is this:
- 1 tsp olive oil
-1 small uncooked onions, chopped
-10 oz spinach, fresh
-1 tsp lemon zest
-1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
-1 tsp salt, divided
-1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 lb uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz cutlets
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 teaspoon oil; sauté onion until golden, 5 minutes.
- Wilt spinach (steam spinach or heat damp spinach over medium heat in nonstick pan); stir in zest, feta, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Divide spinach mixture between cutlets. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove toothpicks.
I'm always interested in what teacher's bring to lunch and lately most of the teachers have either joined WW or are doing The Biggest Loser at their school. I have a linky party (my first) and there are still a few more days to link up. So far only 3 have and it's been fun seeing what they eat for lunch.
That part IS teaching related lol :)
I also figured out how to number my comments which is very exciting and making me ready for giveaways and my 100 follower giveaway which is even closer now to getting a few more people to join.
And I've decided that I'm going to give a choice to the winner, my little crafty creation I make or a gift certificate to TpT (which I've just recently discovered they have on their site).
Hope you have a happy Monday!