As I sit here waiting for the insurance dude to come check out my car, I decided I'd do the Christmas Survey that Kristin at A Teeny Tiny Teacher did the other day :)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?It depends on the gift. I will use wrapping paper 95% of the time. But if it's a ball or a large item, then the gift bag.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Real. That's what I had for the most part growing up and then my mom's allergies got bad and so we had an artificial one. But nothing beats the smell of the pine tree :) (Well except baked goods!)
3 When do you put up the tree?
Generally the weekend or next weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Whenever it happens. Usually by the first week of January.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Sad story :( I LOVE eggnog. But a few years ago, whenever I drank it, it didn't love me. So now I'm on a mission to try to make my own and see if that helps.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Hmmm. I am not sure. Probably something Barbie related.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. I have a small jade set. Can't wait til I get a bigger one though. Growing up, we had one that had moss on the manger and everything. I loved it so much.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My mom. Every year! She doesn't really need/want anything she says. And if she does, she goes out and buys it. This year, most of the stuff that she's getting she knows because she picked it out *sigh* But her stocking stuffers will all be surprises for her. And I got her a scarf, but she doesn't know what it looks like hehe.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My dad. He's into guns, history, war stuff, BBQing, and the Dallas Cowboys. So it is really easy to get Dvds, books, and Cowboy related merchandise.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I love Christmas cards. I've got a dozen hanging right now, some on the table, and just got one yesterday with the yearly letter of what's going on in their life.
11. Worst gift you ever received?
Hah, that would be from my grandparents and one year they gave all of us grandkids a toothbrush. Yeah, gee thanks :)
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
I can't pick just one! Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Kranks (I love the book too), Christmas Story, and any of the old Christmas cartoons.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
When I can :) I have no set date but I usually get the stuff in December.
14. Ever recycled a present?
Actually, I don't think I have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My grandma's peanut butter popcorn, date bars, and oatmeal cookies. We only get them at Christmas.
16. Clear lights or colored lights on a tree?
Clear on the tree !
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Ummmmmm I can't pick one, there are too many! I love Christmas Canon, Jingle Bell Rock, and lots more :) I started listening the day after Thanksgiving and listen every day!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Christmas Eve is at the grandparent's house and we all go there. Christmas day is with my parents.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes I can!
20. Angel or star on top of the tree?
Angel. Though maybe one day there may be a star :)
21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas Day, but we get to open presents on Christmas Eve at the grandparents' house.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The crowds and the nasty people.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
Favorite ornament is a red tricyle I got at a Christmas tree farm when I was six.
24. What do you want for Christmas?
There is nothing I really need/want. I just want to be with my family and listen to Christmas music and laugh. But if I have to pick something...an iPhone ( I have a smart phone, but would love an iPhone).